Large Buildings and Addresses are public domain data sources created by Miami-Dade County. This import aims to integrate these datasets with the OpenStreetMap database. In this job, you will be reviewing buildings that could not have been imported with automatic means. These include for example cases where buildings are overlapping with an existing buildings or address entries.
We also hope that you find this project helpful and fun. Let's have fun and improve Miami's OSM together!
Please study this detailed guide before contributing!
Created by jlevente - Updated - Priority: high
- Entities to Map
- Buildings, Addresses
- Changeset Comment
- #miabuildings Miami Building Import 2017 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
You are about to review import buildings and merge the import dataset with OSM. Please follow the instructions described in this guide.
- Browse the map and select a task
- Make sure your JOSM is running and
- Click on Start Mapping to lock that block group polygon for yourself (others will know that you're currently working on it)
- Click on Edit with JOSM to load the current OSM dataset
- Don't forget to add the import dataset from the Extra instructions section
- Make your edits and make sure everything looks correct before uploading
Feel free to leave comments on the jobs. You don't have to do everything at once. Ask questions if you're not sure about something and let others help you out.
And most importantly, enjoy what you're doing!